games you play

All things gaming related
cokey
Extreme Unicyclist

Re: games you play

Post by cokey »

Mardok wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:33 am Anyone wanna be old-school and play some Brood War?
I would do but I get the feeling that everyone is better than me
e3k
Bride Kidnapping Expert

Post by e3k »

remember this?:
O.o
e3k
Bride Kidnapping Expert

Post by e3k »

this one i call a collection: https://exodos.the-eye.us/
can this be legal???
O.o
RoGeorge
National Metrics Strategist

Post by RoGeorge »

Because I was dying to play this game (Knight Lore), but being too poor to buy a ZX Spectrum computer, I designed one (had to, the original ZX Spectrum was having all the logic inside a proprietary chip called ULA) and built my own clone when I was about 18. That built unintentionally became a game changer in my CV for my whole to come carrier. Games are definitely good for something! :mrgreen:

That game is running on a Z80 at 3.5MHz (0.0035 GHz) 8 bits 64kB processor. Both the video and the sound are generated by the processor (no VGA card, just a dual port RAM area and a 1 bit on/off for sound). That game was very impressive for that time, it was the '80s. :D

About a decade later, during the 90's, Half-Life arrived. Probably the most mind blowing game ever considering the year was 1998, and the PC hardware was very lame compared to today's standards.

That full 5 minutes long intro was a complete shock, then the anomaly experiment came, wow, that was gorgeous!
No game ever before has had anything even remotely alike.
cokey
Extreme Unicyclist

Post by cokey »

CIV VI

Queen Victoria
saellaven
Bride Kidnapping Expert

Post by saellaven »

I started Pathfinder: Kingmaker this week... only 550ish more games in my steam account that I haven't played yet.
Menelmacar
Site Admin

Post by Menelmacar »

Just received This Game today. Also, I am in the middle of a long Gettysburg campaign on Vassal. Not much into computer games, although I play Super TuxKart once in a while.
If you lack the vocabulary to hold a debate, it's easier just to lob a piece of concrete thru a store window.
-Mark Steyn
antae
Bride Kidnapping Expert

Post by antae »

I bought RG350 a year ago to play wherever I am. It has some kind of dingoo-linux preinstalled, jz4770 CPU @1Ghz, 512MB DDR2 RAM, 3.5 inch IPS screen at 320x240 resolution
The fastest speed of a caravan is the speed of the slowest camel.
Naib
Site Admin

Post by Naib »

Metro Exodus

After the drama that was the Epic game store, it came back to Steam and it was announced they were working on a native version. That came out not too long ago

beautiful game and I only have it set to medium and all the great things (raytracing) disabled as my aging card is reaching the end

I was hoping RTX-3070 was back in stock before this came out but between the miners and the chip shortage :(

I might replay once I get a card that is newer than 7+ years and wind everything up
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king
Shta
Chief of Unicorn Division

Post by Shta »

I play Catan. And Dixit. And some card games.
It's fun!

Especially dixit is great for meeting new people; very casual friendly (you only need 1 person who actually knows the rules to keep track of the scores, the rest is good to go with a 1 sentence long briefing), and you get to learn something about each other by osmosis.

Used to play wow, got some good memories from TBC (was a total noob and enjoyed it) and WotLK (was a power player raiding with a bunch of filthy casuals and blowing up pretty much anyone in BGs).
Watched some Shadowlands arenas recently.... Oh, boy, it's a totally different game now. I liked the fast paced games and high pressure games. Now it seems to be all about trading cooldowns.... It's a really weird show to see when a mage casts fireballs, standing still, while getting pounded by a warrior, and nobody is losing any health at all, because they are all outside of their kill windows.
Like, seriously, WTF?