Think Maradona, Pele, Oliver Kahn.
Naib
Site Admin

Euro-2020

Post by Naib »

So its finally starting today...

Italy vs Turkey and Italy win

Personally I think Belgium are going to win it this time
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king
erm67
Chief of Unicorn Division

Re: Euro-2020

Post by erm67 »

Well at this point euro 2020 belongs to Italy .... It will be easy (and funny) to beat England in the final ;)
My fediverse address: @erm67@erm67.dynu.net

matrix://@ermanno:erm67.dynu.net
e3k
Bride Kidnapping Expert

Post by e3k »

the only reason why i started to watch futball were the vuvuzelas in SA.
please return the vuvuzela!
O.o
etnull
Bride Kidnapping Expert

Post by etnull »

I stopped following local premiere league after big money started to poor in to my hometown football club (Zenit). Before 2008 - 90% of players were locals, the club's performance was hectic, sometimes they played like top 5 of Europe, other times like second half of local league, but it was interesting to watch, very nerve wracking. After 2008 lots of 1st places in local premiere league, but the club lost its hometown appeal, I don't care how foreigners play football, if I cared about that I would had followed English premiere league.
As for international competitions, I rarely watch it, 2018 was the exception for obvious reasons.
"You'll own nothing, - And you'll be happy." - Klaus Schwab, Founder and executive chairman of the World Economic Forum.
erm67

Post by erm67 »

Yes but did you consider the fact that seing England crushed and destroyed in Wembley will be extremely pleasurefull. Imagine the tearful faces of english fans leaving after the debacle ... I even think they will lose to daenemark to avoid a bad showing in the final.

Naib
Site Admin

Post by Naib »

Well UEFA are calling fowl that their venue setup they chose gives England an advantage .... Likewise turns out the France and Germany wanted to kick England out of Euro-2020 sometime around 2016,17 because of BREXIT... while forgetting being part of the EU has nothing todo with the Euro football competition, but hey don't let reality get in the way of politican's being spiteful :lol: :lol: :lol:

On paper England have the advantage https://www.statista.com/chart/25281/en ... l-history/ with some pundits putting it at 58% chance of England winning (England 2—1 Italy, extra-time). This is the strongest England team since the 96 Euro's but Italy are good at tournaments, there is a reason they have soo many world and euro cups under their belts. Both sides have an extremely offensive frontline but I think England's defense will be the difference here being able to hold the line before breaking through Italy's lines
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king
erm67

Post by erm67 »

58% chance on the toilette paper ...

Naib
Site Admin

Post by Naib »

well if a team wants to play scrappy, with at least 2 clear red-cards ( major shirt pulling, two sets of studs out tackles) well :)

if you are proud of your team I am pleased for you

erm67

Post by erm67 »

I csn feel your pain, and it makes me happy ....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ugeek:

You invented the rules (at least you are convinced of that ) now you want to invent new rules to win ... At least the england players did not go home with the ball crying Luke babies...

I really laughed when Immobile told the refere1e 'yeh wipe tour ass with the yellow card, it's the final who cares about 1 yellow...'. England is not used to play the final, so you don't know it's differenti. In some final there are tens of yellow card.
I hoped they would beat them a bit more.
Try again in 55 years........

More lame excuses maybe? Did those fouls obviously deny England a winning opportunity?
Last edited by erm67 on Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Naib
Site Admin

Post by Naib »

no pain here, not really a football fan (cricket is my poison) but I am happy that you are proud of a violent team

erm67

Post by erm67 »

The rule say that a faul that denies an obvious winning opportunity must harshly punished.
For example flashing a laser pointer in the eyes of a goal keeper during a penalty could/should be interpreted in that way. Cheaters like England should be kicked out International competirions.
Better be a pacific fan of a "violent" team than a violent fan of a cheaters team. Hopefully they wil tale some action finally to takle the violence ...

Naib
Site Admin

Post by Naib »

Clear advantage like shirt pulling a player over

Red card offence

Dangerous play like studs out tackle

Two clear red card offenses that the ref ignored. But as I said, if you are proud of how Italy played then good for you

e3k
Bride Kidnapping Expert

Post by e3k »

did miss THE match but have seen Italy vs. Spain. i guess Italy were the fav anyway.
O.o
Naib
Site Admin

Post by Naib »

Italy commited 93 fowls throughout the competition - the most

Italy received 12 yellow cards throughout the competition - the most

In this game Italy got 5 yellow cards (England 1), just under half their total in one game....

In short the refereeing through the entire tornement was rubbish