India v England

A game played over 5 days where outcome may not be certain.
cokey
Extreme Unicyclist

India v England

Post by cokey »

Last team anyone beat India in India? England. Kevin Pietersen playing majestically.

Root is in such great form, if Stokes and Pope are in form as well England have a good chance on day 1
Naib
Site Admin

Re: India v England

Post by Naib »

Going to be a good test and a hard test. Both England and India have had some significant team dynamic changes but I favour England in this
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king
cokey
Extreme Unicyclist

Post by cokey »

Brilliant England innings. The only stain was Sibley being out on the last ball but after 382 minutes he looked pretty tired.

One thing I noticed was the new stadium, it's next to a beach in Chennai and looks gorgeous!
Naib
Site Admin

Post by Naib »

Well India trail 237-6 with a target of 578

If india get to 300 they will be lucky, giving England a sizable 280 into the 2nd innnings
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king
cokey
Extreme Unicyclist

Post by cokey »

Naib wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:01 am Well India trail 237-6 with a target of 578

If india get to 300 they will be lucky, giving England a sizable 280 into the 2nd innnings
Totally. There'll be no follow on though because England will be too tired. They'll want to be 550 ahead then declare
cokey
Extreme Unicyclist

Post by cokey »

Bloody hell, I get up at 8 and India have already lost. Very happy but very annoying, It would have been nice to listen to some this morning
Naib
Site Admin

Post by Naib »

yer :) I usually have the ticker up while I work but oh well :)
Next test is next week.

Looking at englands form I think we will win the series... however we will get kicked in the ODI & twenty20... that is big over there

looking over some of the reports and some snippets, Anderson played a stirling game! GOAT is being called :)

cokey
Extreme Unicyclist

Post by cokey »

Naib wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:09 am yer :) I usually have the ticker up while I work but oh well :)
Next test is next week.

Looking at englands form I think we will win the series... however we will get kicked in the ODI & twenty20... that is big over there

looking over some of the reports and some snippets, Anderson played a stirling game! GOAT is being called :)
Kicked at the ODI and T20? No chance. Who is the world #1 in both formats? England.

Anderson has been the GOAT for a while. I bet Wood and Broad come in for Anderson and Bess/Leach in the next test though
cokey
Extreme Unicyclist

Post by cokey »

England's shit batting in the first innings and I thought it was all over. Sitting up at 9:45 and now India are 121-6 and things are looking up
cokey
Extreme Unicyclist

Post by cokey »

Holy crap! Joe Root just bowled India out. Is there anything this guy can't do?