Last film you watched

User avatar
dont_think_twice
Director of Sandbags
Posts: 756
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:15 am

Re: Last film you watched

Post by dont_think_twice »

notageek wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:07 pm The absolute worst film you have ever seen. Also has 94% rating in rotten tomatoes.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2543164/

Avoid. Strictly.
I liked that movie a lot. Why didn't you like it?
User avatar
notageek
Site Admin
Posts: 687
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:28 am
Location: India

Re: Last film you watched

Post by notageek »

dont_think_twice wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:09 pm
notageek wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:07 pm The absolute worst film you have ever seen. Also has 94% rating in rotten tomatoes.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2543164/

Avoid. Strictly.
I liked that movie a lot. Why didn't you like it?
I didn't have to sit through a 2 hour movie about aliens only to be an introspection of self.

The movie could be summarised in one line: "If you knew all the things that will happen to you, the choices you'll make, will you still make them? Yes I would." The End. Roll credits.

Didn't need 2 hours of alien gobbledygook to get to this point.
"Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated, until defeat has been accepted as a reality." -- Bruce Lee
User avatar
e3k
Director of Sandbags
Posts: 470
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:19 am
Location: blackout land

Re: Last film you watched

Post by e3k »

1st i do a search here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_ ... tion_films
2nd choose something from the 70ties or 60ties.

why to waste my time on AI crap when i can watch classics where i do not know 99% of it.
#controlgroup
User avatar
RoGeorge
National Metrics Strategist
Posts: 421
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:47 am

Re: Last film you watched

Post by RoGeorge »

Some (relatively) recent AI movies are good, too, for example:

Ex Machina (2015)
User avatar
RoGeorge
National Metrics Strategist
Posts: 421
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:47 am

Re: Last film you watched

Post by RoGeorge »

Robot Wars (1993)
User avatar
notageek
Site Admin
Posts: 687
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:28 am
Location: India

Re: Last film you watched

Post by notageek »



Yet another movie that uses sci-fi tropes to sell social commentary. This time it's political satire.

The trailer gave a good idea about what was to expect but I felt there must be at-least some sci-fi in the end.

Oh well.

The movie isn't bad but isn't exactly good either. 50-60% good. Too long though.
"Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated, until defeat has been accepted as a reality." -- Bruce Lee
User avatar
notageek
Site Admin
Posts: 687
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:28 am
Location: India

Re: Last film you watched

Post by notageek »

The Suicide Squad (2021)

Clearly movie of the year contender.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_suicide_squad
"Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated, until defeat has been accepted as a reality." -- Bruce Lee
User avatar
notageek
Site Admin
Posts: 687
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:28 am
Location: India

Re: Last film you watched

Post by notageek »

I watched No Time To Die yesterday. What a clusterfuck.

Movie starts with nanobots virus and ends up in a farm/factory harvesting poison from a plant.
A leading MI5/OSS operative doesn't know how to sabotage trapdoors. He has to go back to finish his job.
Also the said operative may is more resilient to bullets than a T-800 in T2.
The entire movie the audience was setup to expect a surprise from the girlfriend, which never arrives. Entire scenes in this movie are meaningless.

Garbage.

I hope they ban making James Bond movies. Utter shite.

One good thing about this movie is that it clearly settles that Toyota Landcruiser is far superior to and Land Rover/Range Rover farce.
"Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated, until defeat has been accepted as a reality." -- Bruce Lee
User avatar
e3k
Director of Sandbags
Posts: 470
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:19 am
Location: blackout land

Re: Last film you watched

Post by e3k »

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066921/
a clockwork orange from Kubric. 1971.

ad don't look up: i managed to watch first 30minutes but no further. netflix...
#controlgroup
User avatar
dont_think_twice
Director of Sandbags
Posts: 756
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:15 am

Re: Last film you watched

Post by dont_think_twice »

Is this for real?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cJpiOPKH14

It looks like some weird - Star Wars / Dune / Matrix / Avatar - mash-up.

I see that it is a game, but I figure this is as good of a place to post it as anywhere else.
User avatar
notageek
Site Admin
Posts: 687
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:28 am
Location: India

Re: Last film you watched

Post by notageek »

Watched Steven Soderbergh's Traffic for the first time.

It's entire three seasons of Narcos Mexico told in 2hrs.
"Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated, until defeat has been accepted as a reality." -- Bruce Lee
User avatar
dont_think_twice
Director of Sandbags
Posts: 756
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:15 am

Re: Last film you watched

Post by dont_think_twice »

notageek wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:30 pm Watched Steven Soderbergh's Traffic for the first time.

It's entire three seasons of Narcos Mexico told in 2hrs.
Good to know. Guess there is no point to watching Narcos.

I watched Dune last night. That was surprisingly good. Only thing that bothered me was that they made the Lady Jessica into a nervous Nellie. I remember her being calm and composed in the books. I guess they figured that someone had to show some emotion in the movie. Too bad though that they chose the bene gesserit for it - kinda goes against a major theme in the books.
User avatar
Spent
Creator of Opportunities
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:47 pm
Location: Balmer MD

Re: Last film you watched

Post by Spent »



I thought it was entertaining....but I don't nitpick every little thing like some of you people. ;)
User avatar
notageek
Site Admin
Posts: 687
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:28 am
Location: India

Re: Last film you watched

Post by notageek »

dont_think_twice wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:13 pm
notageek wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:30 pm Watched Steven Soderbergh's Traffic for the first time.

It's entire three seasons of Narcos Mexico told in 2hrs.
Good to know. Guess there is no point to watching Narcos.

I watched Dune last night. That was surprisingly good. Only thing that bothered me was that they made the Lady Jessica into a nervous Nellie. I remember her being calm and composed in the books. I guess they figured that someone had to show some emotion in the movie. Too bad though that they chose the bene gesserit for it - kinda goes against a major theme in the books.
I could watch Dune but I can't stand the effeminate male lead and Zedanya.
"Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated, until defeat has been accepted as a reality." -- Bruce Lee
User avatar
dont_think_twice
Director of Sandbags
Posts: 756
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:15 am

Re: Last film you watched

Post by dont_think_twice »

notageek wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:37 am
dont_think_twice wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:13 pm
notageek wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:30 pm Watched Steven Soderbergh's Traffic for the first time.

It's entire three seasons of Narcos Mexico told in 2hrs.
Good to know. Guess there is no point to watching Narcos.

I watched Dune last night. That was surprisingly good. Only thing that bothered me was that they made the Lady Jessica into a nervous Nellie. I remember her being calm and composed in the books. I guess they figured that someone had to show some emotion in the movie. Too bad though that they chose the bene gesserit for it - kinda goes against a major theme in the books.
I could watch Dune but I can't stand the effeminate male lead and Zedanya.
Okay old man.

It is hard to believe that Paul is a good fighter. It looks like if I blew on him he would fall over.
Post Reply