How are you enjoying living through the biggest social expereiment in human history?

A forum for the grown ups.
Smug
Sanitation Engineer

How are you enjoying living through the biggest social expereiment in human history?

Post by Smug »

I'm a little worried about even talking about what I know here considering I've been banned and harassed IRL for speaking out. I don't want to bring any bad attention to this website. This place seems filled with good people and I don't want to bring you any trouble.

I even got reported for "domestic terrorism threats" many months ago (before Jan 6th) on a popular website when I posted nothing of the sort. I was only trying to get other people to help me document things that were public information and the fact that I had proof of things the Government doesn't like being shared. I even tried to reach out to the people that are supposed to protect us only to be ignored then harassed by them IRL later.

The last few years have been amazing. Really the last decade but the last few years they've really ramped up what they're doing. I am no longer able to obtain real information from the internet/web no matter what I do or where I go. All the search engines are censored. All the archive sites have been purged of millions of webpages. In the archives remaining all links are dead. Youtube just purged millions of videos just last month on top of the millions they've censored which are now impossible to find through the search engine. Youtube selectively censors depending on what device you access it with now: set-top box/video game consoles, phones, and PCs all get different results even if you're using the same account or are logged out/not accepting cookies/blocking their tracking.

I've seen hundreds of independent websites censored in just the last three years. All have been banned from services like cloudflare and amazon AWS. All have been attacked by what I suspect are paid agents who flood these websites with spam, illegal material, and attack them with methods like ddos. Those that managed to fight against all this and find stable hosting were attacked through the banking/credit card systems. Access to their accounts was cut off and most of them can't even find a bank anywhere in the world willing to do business with them now.

Mainstream social media is fully controlled. Fake stories on trending lists, real stories banned from trending lists, posts being artificially liked/replied to/shared by bot accounts with millions of followers. Paid actors ("e-celebs", "influencers") artificially promoted and paid to corrupt the youth watching them or make legit issues look bad by association. Any real discussion/group/person with lots of followers is shut-down and banned. Anything that goes against what the MSM is pushing is purged. Thousands maybe millions put in "facebook jail" or shadowbanned just for expressing their speech. Yes yes, I know, "private company". But when those private companies are censoring things that the Government wants them to censor while getting tax breaks and kick backs it really makes you go hmmmmm

Sorry, I am ranting. I could go on forever about this subject. I feel somewhat responsible for things getting this bad. 20 years ago I didn't know what we were doing would eventually lead to things like this. I guess I never thought people could really be this evil.

I'm sure a bunch of you lived through seeing the death of BBSs, the rise of web forums, the rise of centralized social media, and the rise of advertising on the web. But if you'll humor me and don't mind me ranting some more I'll come back sometime and dump some long stories about the shit I've seen.

It makes me sick to my stomach. The same people that used to sit in IRC channels and have long discussions with me about how the Great Firewall in China was pure evil are some of the same people that helped them build their new social credit score system.

Anyway, I think I need to sit down and write a long txt file about how Google (and others) managed to herd everyone into sites like reddit, facebook, google's various social services (like mail) in the early-mid 2000s. Does anyone remember their adsense program? That was basically the early alpha version of what they call their "algorithm" now. They paid off all the large websites/forums/blogs back then to embed their code into the webpages. They used it to track and study how users of social websites used them. Then they started to herd those users away from independent websites. They deranked the forums/blogs/websites in search results, started to reduce payments to website owners, all while promoting these new social network. Within a few years independent websites were bleeding users and the owners were having to sell off to large companies that were buying out thousands of websites at a time.

Sorry, ranting again. I'll post some replies another time if anyone is interested. Just trying to kill time while I play with LFS in a VM. God Bless.
Last edited by Smug on Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:49 am, edited 8 times in total.
Smug
Sanitation Engineer

Re: How are you enjoying living through the biggest social expereiment in human history?

Post by Smug »

I've ranted so much I forgot I was going to ask: How many of you have stopped paying attention to MSM lately? What are your thoughts on the absolute crazy state we find ourselves in now? How are you enjoying the post-truth world where you can't even trust your own eye because technology has advanced to the point where they can stage anything from interviews to crowds at sporting events?

When I was a child and they were telling us about how horrible things were on the other side of the Iron Curtain I was sure it'd never happen in my country. Yet here I am, an adult, and now I'm being asked to show my papers to eat in a restaurant. I have relatives that read the book 1984 practicing double-think and using new-speak. I can't even speak in hypothetical terms without someone claiming I'm racist/Nazi/commie/<insert buzzword>. I can't even report proof of a crime through legal channels without getting placed on a "terror watch list" (it's true, I can't even fly domestically now). I can't even visit D.C. to see all the sights and pay my respects to my fallen relatives buried there because it's locked down like a third-world dictator's palace.

I'll come back when I'm not half-drunk and post some detailed information if anyone is interested. This place seems to be pro-free speech. That's why I signed up despite not usually doing that for many websites anymore. Even this place makes me nervous because it required allowing Google captcha to register. At least I can block it on all the other pages. Not that it matters these days with all the backdoors in the hardware. :)

Bless you all. I need to sleep. Work doesn't stop just because I'm to tired to get out of bed.
Asch
Sanitation Engineer

Re: How are you enjoying living through the biggest social expereiment in human history?

Post by Asch »

I left pretty much every social media website out there. I only use some allegedly decentralized and encrypted solutions every now and then. I think the world became a more sane and reasonable after this approach got close to mainstream status.

BTW, it was dangerous and got pretty close to get out of hand. So they stopped the most controversial measures, stopped censoring antisemitic speech very much and let the J00s take all the blame.

Nothing new. I bet this is being done since at least the Middle Ages.

BTW, Biden blew many more dog whistles to the so-called "white supremacists" than Trump ever did. This is further proof that this war of narratives was just a mean for an end (that has not really been attained) and that most people were tools.

On a final note, a few weeks ago I logged into gab.com to see what certain people were saying about the retreat from Afghanistan. Immediately (e.g., mere seconds later) I started receiving emails from Twitter telling me to check my notifications with them. I hadn't logged into Twitter for about eight years and hadn't received any mail from them in about four, after I signed out of everything and blocked some stuff.

Really makes you think how everything is intertwined and we are all together onthis world, right? (except maybe "white supremacists", with whom we can never be together)
RoGeorge
National Metrics Strategist

Post by RoGeorge »

:mrgreen:
Shta
Chief of Unicorn Division

Post by Shta »

I've ranted so much I forgot I was going to ask: How many of you have stopped paying attention to MSM lately?
Lately? Dude, you're late to the party :lol:
I got completely over the fear in less than 2 months since the news hit Main Drain Media.
I breathe freely, go about my business like usual, and open carry a knife on my belt. Because I can.
And yes, talk to people too. Not "publicly", like in making a show of it, but I do quite often when meeting new people. Asking about their choices / motivation / expectations, pointing out flaws in the narrative and manipulation techniques used to scare them.
Of course they don't usually leave the conversation convinced to my stance, but if I plant even a tiny seed of doubt in them, it's good enough; some things can't be unseen.

Also, most people don't think at all, they just follow "the majority" that doesn't think either. The rule of thumb is you have to convince 10% of the population to create a trend that will flip the whole society.
Either we will build that critical mass, or the MDM is going to do that.
Yet here I am, an adult, and now I'm being asked to show my papers to eat in a restaurant
Are they even legally allowed to do that? GDPR, sounds familiar?
Data regarding health is considered sensitive information. You give it to your doctor and your spouse.

People will not bother you unless you give them an opening.
I don't ask whether or not I'm allowed in a shop without a muzzle. I just walk in and optionally say "hi" passing by that one confused/scared person on my way, sometimes walking straight to a staff member asking where do I find XYZ.
No sneaking around trying not to be seen; I've got things to do and being lectured is not one of them. Others sense this and just let me be.
How do I know? Acquaintances with softer, expression/demeanor told me they've been kicked out of places numerous times. It seems that hanging out with me gave them quite a bit of a confidence boost though. I was really proud of them when they shifted from hush-hush "What ifs" to storming that cafe with a stroller :lol:
Tony0945
Bride Kidnapping Expert

Post by Tony0945 »

Shta wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:28 pmData regarding health is considered sensitive information. You give it to your doctor and your spouse.
And your employer. Most people i the USA have employer paid health insurance. At the large companies the Insco is just a paper shuffling agent. The real descison lies with company management. This actually worked in my favor at International Harvester when I appealed a decision to the company who overrode Aetna.

Your spouse has no legal right to your medical information. Your employer does.
Shta
Chief of Unicorn Division

Post by Shta »

Tony0945 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:54 am Your spouse has no legal right to your medical information. Your employer does.
Holy shit, you weirdos :shock:
Wait, does it mean that if I were an employer in the US I could ask women I hire whether or not they are pregnant without getting sued for discrimination?
Tony0945
Bride Kidnapping Expert

Post by Tony0945 »

Shta wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:03 pm Wait, does it mean that if I were an employer in the US I could ask women I hire whether or not they are pregnant without getting sued for discrimination?
No. But you could examine her medical records AFTER you hire her.