COVID

A forum for the grown ups.
marcih
Oxford Comma Destroyer

Re: COVID

Post by marcih »

e3k wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:11 pm transvaccinated
Personally, I'm a ViM: vaccinated-idenitified male. No connection with the text editor, GNU Nano or GNU home! 8-)
Bones McCracker wrote:It wouldn't be so bad, if it didn't suck.
RoGeorge
National Metrics Strategist

Post by RoGeorge »

Some professionals came to the conclusion that lockdowns are rather damaging than beneficial: Jay Bhattacharya, a professor of medicine at Stanford University and co-author of the Great Barrington Declaration.

Jay Bhattacharya: The Case Against Lockdowns | Lex Fridman Podcast

The TL;DR of the talk is some studies show lockdowns are doing more bad than good, yet nobody wants to hear. Such studies that disagrees with the official position are disregarded, and professionals that beg to differ from the official story-line are marginalized, while in some places the official approach is already military reinforced.
Shta
Creator of Opportunities

Post by Shta »

Such studies that disagrees with the official position are disregarded, and professionals that beg to differ from the official story-line are marginalized,
Of course they are. Covid is not a problem to be solved, it's a tool.
The enemy we can fight forever. I guess European "diseases" turned out to work better than America's "terrorism".

People are much more eager to cooperate with the government when the government can present itself as a good guy protecting the sheep people from a common enemy than they would be if the government tried to take their rights away without any excuse.
Shta
Creator of Opportunities

Post by Shta »

Anyone speaking French here? I wonder if the auto-translate to English is worth anything.
Calling out a bunch of BS practices by the French government, but we all know the same applies almost everywhere around the globe.