from special military operation to war

A forum for the grown ups.
e3k
Director of Sandbags

from special military operation to war

Post by e3k »

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/pu ... 022-09-21/
President Vladimir Putin on Wednesday ordered Russia's first mobilisation since World War Two and warned that Moscow would defend itself with the might of all its vast arsenal if faced with a nuclear threat from the West.
#controlgroup
ian.au
Oxford Comma Destroyer

Re: from special military operation to war

Post by ian.au »

I'm guessing that:
Moscow would defend itself with the might of all its vast arsenal if faced with a nuclear threat from the West
isn't a particularly new proposition.

That aside, from this distance it seems it's just one fuckup after another over there; but I doubt we get anything close to the real story. I think it's going to be down to the Russians themselves to stop Putin, and that's going to take insane levels of courage to achieve. I really feel for Ukraine and Ukrainians who will have no semblance of normal life until this is over, and little for decades after.
mrbassie
Director of Sandbags

Re: from special military operation to war

Post by mrbassie »

ian.au wrote:
I think it's going to be down to the Russians themselves to stop Putin, and that's going to take insane levels of courage to achieve.
Nah, he's got shaking hands like that bloke in Der Untergang who he literally is which explains it and he's got cancer and a big table and an overabundance of carbon monoxide. Not good odds.
Foot Spa Admables.