Trump

A forum for the grown ups.
dont_think_twice
Extreme Unicyclist

Trump

Post by dont_think_twice »

You know we need a thread for this.

I'll kick it off with this link: Crossing the Rubicon Tweet

Why would someone put #CrossTheRubicon in a tweet supposedly about patriotic defense of the republic?
  • It's a clever tell that they don't really believe what they are tweeting
  • They are just an idiot that has zero historical knowledge
  • They think keeping Trump in office is more important than democracy
mrbassie
Director of Sandbags

Re: Trump

Post by mrbassie »

Foor stairs
Menelmacar
Site Admin

Post by Menelmacar »

#BeijingBiden

#Resist
If you lack the vocabulary to hold a debate, it's easier just to lob a piece of concrete thru a store window.
-Mark Steyn
ulenrich
Creator of Opportunities

Post by ulenrich »

Capitalism at its best retracting the lies. But Sidney Powell still has one listener. Therefore she moved to the White House.
Most years we don't kick out sardonicly like 2020.
Menelmacar
Site Admin

Post by Menelmacar »

Next thing you know these media companies will start claiming with zero evidence and unnamed sources that Trump was allied with Vladimir Putin and colluded with the Russian government to get elected!
If you lack the vocabulary to hold a debate, it's easier just to lob a piece of concrete thru a store window.
-Mark Steyn
ulenrich
Creator of Opportunities

Post by ulenrich »

Menelmacar wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:04 pm Next thing you know these media companies will start claiming with zero evidence and unnamed sources that Trump was allied with Vladimir Putin and colluded with the Russian government to get elected!
You see the Newsmax ankerman speaks there (half the video)
Menelmacar
Site Admin

Post by Menelmacar »

I watched the video. I do not watch Newsmax, so I do not have any kind of informed opinion as to what they said or did not say. I do not know if Mr. Cohen has a legitimate complaint or if he is just another liberal who wants to censor anything to which he disagrees.
-Mark Steyn
ulenrich
Creator of Opportunities

Post by ulenrich »

Menelmacar wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:36 pm I watched the video. I do not watch Newsmax, so I do not have any kind of informed opinion as to what they said or did not say. I do not know if Mr. Cohen has a legitimate complaint or if he is just another liberal who wants to censor anything to which he disagrees.
Cohen daily debunks Trump Media: Not anymore Fox News but Newsmax and Aon. Both on Youtube. Surely Cohen is sponsort by Democrats. But nevertheless he lets play extensively the original Trump Media and then adds his comment on the second half. Here he found Trump Media has to publicly reject all the conspiracy theories of Powell, because the voting machine business is threatening with lawsuits.

Shall I edit my signiture like:
"Menelmacar says: these media companies will start claiming that Trump was allied with Vladimir Putin "
So, you can spare one post everytime you see a new one of mine?
notageek
Site Admin

Re: Trump wants Congress to amend relief bill

Post by notageek »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55420366
In Tuesday night's message from the White House, the Republican president baulked at spending in the bill on other countries, arguing that the money should go to struggling Americans.

He said: "This bill contains $85.5m for assistance to Cambodia, $134m to Burma, $1.3bn for Egypt and the Egyptian military, which will go out and buy almost exclusively Russian military equipment, $25m for democracy and gender programmes in Pakistan, $505m to Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Panama."

The president questioned why the Kennedy Center in Washington DC was set to receive $40m when it is not open, and more than $1bn has been allocated to museums and galleries in the capital.

Mr Trump also concluded: "Congress found plenty of money for foreign countries, lobbyists and special interests, while sending the bare minimum to the American people who need it. It wasn't their fault. It was China's fault.

"I am asking Congress to amend this bill and increase the ridiculously low $600 to $2,000 or $4,000 for a couple.

"I'm also asking Congress to immediately get rid of the wasteful and unnecessary items from this legislation and to send me a suitable bill, or else the next administration will have to deliver a Covid relief package." .
"It's called the Covid relief bill, but it has almost nothing to do with Covid," he said.
"Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated, until defeat has been accepted as a reality." -- Bruce Lee
notageek
Site Admin

Post by notageek »

Anxiety in pentagon over what Trump might do.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/12/22/poli ... index.html
It's like a low murmur just below the surface. "We don't know what he might do," says one officer in the Pentagon. "We are in strange times," says another officer. Some senior military officers are trying to steer clear of the White House for the next month, rather than be in the President Donald Trump's orbit.

With just some 30 days to go before the US military watches its current commander in chief leave office, there is growing anxiety in the ranks about what Trump might do in these remaining days. Will the President order some unexpected military action, such as a strike on Iran, or will he somehow draw the military into his efforts to overthrow the election results?

It's a troubling enough scenario that military leaders have taken the unusual step of publicly stating that they will not play a role in deciding an American election.
"Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated, until defeat has been accepted as a reality." -- Bruce Lee
cokey
Extreme Unicyclist

Post by cokey »

He's right about one thing. They could increase money to Americans by not giving money to other countries.

I suppose if the US doesn't give those countries money then China will
mrbassie
Director of Sandbags

Post by mrbassie »

"$25m for democracy and gender programmes in Pakistan"

That's laughable.
Foor stairs
cokey
Extreme Unicyclist

Post by cokey »

mrbassie wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:33 pm "$25m for democracy and gender programmes in Pakistan"

That's laughable.
Gender programmes... sounds like FGM to me
mrbassie
Director of Sandbags

Post by mrbassie »

cokey wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:39 pm
mrbassie wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:33 pm "$25m for democracy and gender programmes in Pakistan"

That's laughable.
Gender programmes... sounds like FGM to me

I didn't think of that.
Does pakistan have a patreon btw?
Foor stairs
Menelmacar
Site Admin

Post by Menelmacar »

notageek wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:49 pm Anxiety in pentagon over what Trump might do.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/12/22/poli ... index.html
It's like a low murmur just below the surface. "We don't know what he might do," says one officer in the Pentagon. "We are in strange times," says another officer. Some senior military officers are trying to steer clear of the White House for the next month, rather than be in the President Donald Trump's orbit.

With just some 30 days to go before the US military watches its current commander in chief leave office, there is growing anxiety in the ranks about what Trump might do in these remaining days. Will the President order some unexpected military action, such as a strike on Iran, or will he somehow draw the military into his efforts to overthrow the election results?

It's a troubling enough scenario that military leaders have taken the unusual step of publicly stating that they will not play a role in deciding an American election.
The real anxiety is if Trump starts pulling troops out of the Military/Industrial/Intelligence war zones.
-Mark Steyn
ulenrich
Creator of Opportunities

Post by ulenrich »

The controverse dabate I like, although the Conservative should be stronger
flysideways
Creator of Opportunities

Post by flysideways »

Compromised polling equipmentbeing used in Ga Senatorial runoff voting. "We are in."
"My one wish is for Twitter Inc to be the most transparent company in the world," Jack Dorsey
ulenrich
Creator of Opportunities

Post by ulenrich »

flysideways wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:44 pm Compromised polling equipmentbeing used in Ga Senatorial runoff voting. "We are in."
Any state of the art election machine should only output signed votes as valid. In case of manipulation the votes of this machine should be invalidated.

... but in times of #Solarwind one cannot underestimate U.S. coding style and digital procedures.
john-boy
Global Moderator

Post by john-boy »

Like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood"
cokey
Extreme Unicyclist

Post by cokey »

I think this forum needs a thread about perfecting voting systems