Biden recognizes Armenian Genocide

A forum for the grown ups.
etnull
Bride Kidnapping Expert

Biden recognizes Armenian Genocide

Post by etnull »

In itself of course it's a good thing, but what really bothers me is complete lack of coherence and strategic thinking in American politics. I mean why do you need to antagonize the most important NATO ally exactly at a time when you are already engaged in a very heated confrontation with two other superpowers, military one - Russia, and economic - China.
If it's about American values, then why not to do the same against the Gulf states? They beat homosexuals to death with stones, and dismember journalists alive, not even jailing them, and you trade with them just fine, no sanctions obviously.
If it's about strategy (morals aside), why are you antagonizing NATO ally like that, what kind of strategy is it? Do they expect Turkey to stop buying Russian military tech just because of this recognition? That's dumb.
Another dumb thing, Trump exited The Paris Climate Agreement, yet the US now hosts virtual meeting on climate with Putin and Xi attending. Is this roller coaster because of two party system? I think It will have long lasting consequences, mainly the issue of trust, which will outlive any particular president.
"You'll own nothing, - And you'll be happy." - Klaus Schwab, Founder and executive chairman of the World Economic Forum.